Gia Long – the first king of the Nguyen Dynasty which he founded in 1802, the last of the Vietnamese dynasties. He spent almost half of his life time in war, fought for his royal family, and for a United Vietnam early 19th century. He died at the age of 58 while his tomb was being built due to his own design. The land was chosen very well to build his last-resting place. This would be the highlight of this tour.
Departing from your hotel, we would ride along the southern bank of Perfume river to visit the first place of the day – the Tiger Arena and Elephant temple – to learn about a time when elephants were used for war. Keep riding through Thuy Bieu village to enjoy the fresh air of Hue’s suburb and enjoy some ripe pomelos. And then ride to nearby villages specializing in incense stick making and bronze casting.
Continue to Thieu Tri tomb, everlasting home of Thieu Tri, who spent 6 years quite peacefully on his throne as the 3rd king of the Nguyen Dynasty.
Follow country lanes into the countryside where Buddhist temples and shrines can be seen. Crossing a floating bridge for our destination of the day – Gia Long tomb. The complex is well designed suits with stunning nature setting of pine trees surrounded. You will find yourself peacefully when taking a short walk here.
Continue towards Khai Dinh Tomb which is well known for its intricate mosaic tiles as well as the European influenced Oriental design.
After visiting the tomb ride onto a local restaurant where you will be served a late lunch with Hue food.
And eventually, enjoy the riding home!
- Riding distance is up to 40km.
- Depends on your hotel’s location, Site-seeings’ order could be changed to meet requirement!
- This itinerary may also be altered by our guides due to local conditions, the skill of participants and other unexpected circumstances. Our priority is safety first and best experience for our bikers.
- Minimum: 2 pax
- Maximum: 8 pax
- English speaking (biking) guide as well as Mechanic with a set of travel bike tool
- Mountain bikes (Giant ATX 750 – 27 speeds or better bikes)
- Entrance fees for all sites mentioned
- Snacks, fruits, soft drinks and plenty of water provided on road
- Basic Medical care with 1 first aid kit
- Personal travel Insurance
- Drinks at restaurant
- Tips and gratuities
- Other language speaking guides
- Other expenses not mentioned
PRICE PER PERSON IN USD( 1 usd = 22,000 vnd):
|Group||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax||7 pax||8 pax up|
|Cost/pax||$ 96||$ 62||$ 53||$49||$ 46||$ 45||$ 43||$ 42|
- We highly recommend the purchase of personal travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for your trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of order. Past this date the price and conditions might be readjusted.
Submit your review
This was the second time that I came to Vietnam. We decided to join a bike tour to the Royal tomb.
We had an amazing day cycling on the nice roads and explored a unique architecture mausoleum "Gia long tomb" with a lot of interesting stories about his life - the first King of Nguyen Dynasty.
Mr Anh - He was our local guide. He was friendly and has a lot of knowledge about Hue and The Nguyen Dynasty. Thank you again and wishes best to you and your team.