With great passion of exploring new destinations as well as designing new tour itineraries, Hue Smile Travel excitingly and proudly provides brand new tour itinerary to Tam Giang lagoon–Tam Giang lagoon biking tour. The tour program aims to provide our customers with great experience exploring the raw beauty and tranquility of countryside together with helping preserve local culture, traditional handicraft and environment.
Full itinerary: Pick up at hotel (center) 08:00 - 8:30AM
Pick up at your hotel in Hue and start to bike through markets and villages to Tam Giang lagoon. We ride bicycles to Dong Ba market which is the largest and the busiest market in Hue city. You have chance to see various kinds of food that are sold everyday from dawn to dust.
We continue to ride through peaceful farming villages on back-roads along the river before getting to Thuy Lap handicraft village where the craftmen make several kinds of tools, furniture from bamboo. This traditional crafts handed down from generation to generation. In the past, it was one of the most important crafts in Vietnam. Skilled craftmen were highly respected in their villages.
Visitors will join local craftmen and learn to make bamboo baskets after visiting their workshop. We leave this workshop with your hand-made products for exploring and practicing fishing skills in Ngu My Thanh fishing village.
We leave our bikes with fishing family and start boat ride to Tam Giang lagoon and enjoy fishing activites such as; catching clams, throwing cast nets, drifting drift nets.
The Tam Giang lagoon is a vast water area which is occupied 52 square kilometers of brackish water with several aquatic animals and wetland vegetation. It is a fascinating place to enjoy landscape and to explore tranquility of fishing villages in Central Vietnam. You have opportunity to learn of culture, customs of local villagers.
You enjoy a short boat ride to the lagoon where you can learn and practice fishing skills. The local fishermen will guide you how to throw cast nets or drift nets. After having fun with fishing techiques, you will go back to fisherman family and a rustic lunch will served with local cuisine and hospitality.
After lunch, you will be transferred back to your hotel by car/van. End of service.
PRICE PER PERSON IN USD (1 usd = 22,000 vnd):
|Group||2 pax||3 - 4 pax||5 - 6 pax||7 - 8 pax||< 9 pax|
|Price/pax||$ 92||$ 90||$ 70||$ 61||$ 59|
Tour style: Private tour
Start at: Hue city
Transport: Bicycle, car
Destination: Dong Ba market, Thuy Lap handicraft village, Ngu My Thanh fishing village, Tam Giang lagoon.
Duration: Full day
Cycling distance: 28 - 30km (Total 48 - 50km)
Age: 10 - 80
Group size: Minimum 2 people - Maxium 12 people
- This itinerary may also be altered by our guides due to local conditions, the skill of participants and other unexpected circumstances. Our priority is safety first and best experience for our bikers.
- Travel light, casual clothes, Sun cream, hats, water shoes or sandals, slipper.
- We highly recommend the purchase of personal travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for your trips to Vietnam.
- Prices are valid 30 days from date of order. Past this date the price and conditions might be readjusted
- English speaking (biking) guide as well as Mechanic with a set of travel bike tool
- Mountain bikes(Giant ATX 750 – 27 speeds or better bikes)
- Authentic Lunch at local family
- Entrance fees for all sites mentioned
- Snacks, fruits, soft drinks and plenty of water provided on road
- Basic Medical care with 1 first aid kit.
- Handcraft service at Bamboo village.
- Fishing services with local at village.
- Personal travel Insurance
- Drinks at restaurant.
- Tips and gratuities
- Other language speaking guides
- Other expenses not mentioned. View More: Hue Biking Tours
Submit your review
A great journey with my close friends on the bicycle to Tam Giang Lagoon :DWe came to Hue on 12 July 17 and took part in bike tour to Tam Giang Lagoon. Everything was amazing, local people were so friendly. We tried to make bamboo furniture and fishing with farmers then have enjoyed farm produces that we were a harvest. All was so delicious because farm produces were fresh and dishes cooked with the local taste,...The tour guide was so professional and knowledge. Hue Smile team has been working so carefully and they all have a close smile,... We liked all thing they arranged for us. Thanks a lot :)