Tour style : private
Start at : Hue city
Duration : 5 - 6 hours
Cycling distance : 10 - 15km
Pick up : 8:00 - 08:30 at your hotel
Group size : on request
Located on the Southern bank of Huong river, around 7 km from Hue city center, Thuy Bieu is well-known as a lush green and rustic Hue countryside. The village is not only famous for tasty pomelo but also a hundred year-beam houses with ancient architecture. In spring, Pomelo flower scents when it's blooming. In the Fall, ripe pomelo can be found anywhere in the village. You will pass by several ancient temples, communal houses and traditional crafts on the your way. Besides, you will have a chance to prepare some special Hue patties named: “banh loc”, “banh nam” etc., with local people. Leaving hectic life of urban and taking the tour, you will enjoy an unforgettable trip in a typical Hue village.
- Full itinerary
Depart cycling from city center toThuy Bieu village via southern bank of Perfume river. A bit busy at the beginning but worth it when you make it to the village. Then it’s time to swing around.
- Discover Tiger Fighting Arena, one of historical place, where elephants and tigers’fought to the death for the entertainment of the Emperor, the royal family and mandarin.
- Leave the arena behind, we continue biking to Elephant Temple which is a royal temple where the King’s war elephants were buried and honored.
- Continue riding to Thuy Bieu village, visit the first local house, find out silk paintingcraft by local people.
- Keep cycling along verdant paths in Thuy Bieu village for relax
- Making incense stick private house - A thing can not lack of buddha, ancestor anniversaries in Hue or general worship.
- Take a part in making : “banh nam” and “banh loc” – Hue speciality cakes - under the host instruction. You can enjoy them right after they have cooked.
- Keep riding along the roads then leave Thuy Bieu village by dragon's boat.
- The tour will be ended at Toa Kham Boat Dock at the city centre, then back to your hotel by bicycle
- Including services:
- Pick up from your centrally located hotels
- Mountain bike with helmet ( Giant bike..)
- English speaking local guide
- Soft drinks and water
- Entrance fees
- Learning how to make incense stick , local cake " Loc cake, Nam Cake"
- Enjoying local food: candy, local cakes
- Cruising trip on Perfume River
- Excluding services
- Travel Insurance. We highly recommend the purchase of personal travel insurance (covering emergency medical evacuation) for your trips to Vietnam.
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses.
- Note for the tour:
- price will be surcharged to pick up and drop off over 2km from central
- The itinerary could be flexible by our guide due to the participantskills and other unexpected circumstances.
- For safety on cycling trip, guide’s instruction should be followed.
- Please travel-light. We have handle-bar bag for your sun-cream, sun-glasses, wallet, cell-phone and compact camera.
Submit your review